Finding Your Dream Property
The whole idea is to keep narrowing your search until we’ve found your perfect property. Here are some steps with explanations below:
- Price range? Get qualified.
- Familiarize yourself with the market.
- Set up a time for us to explore together
- Come prepared.
- Don’t rush, but don’t hesitate.
The more long-winded explanations ——
- Get qualified. A quick phone call to a mortgage broker or bank will give you an idea what you can expect to borrow. Some people choose to use another property as collateral, such as a home equity loan, to smooth the process. If you need some suggestions for lenders, I’m happy to help. I know some good ones.
- Check the Market. Spend a few sessions shopping online (See the Property Search Tab) to get a feel for the market. Then stop by my office for maps and directions, and drive around for an afternoon to see what areas appeal to you.
- Let’s Explore. By now your search is specific enough for us to go looking. Let’s make an appointment.
- Be Prepared. All decision makers should come along, but the fewer children and guests the more efficient. Wear shoes (boots in winter) – I know this sounds silly, but it’s easy to forget we’re in the mountains here. Bring a jacket, your camera, and be prepared to take some notes.
- Don’t Hesitate: You’ve done your homework and you can be confident about your decisions. You shouldn’t rush the process, but when the right property comes along – Don’t Delay. I’ve seen too many heartsick people lose out by hesitating.